Monday 1 February 2010

Strawberry Fields

Picture One
Picture Two

Well that's us into February. What is everyone doing for Valentine's Day. I have a lovely sweetheart baby blanket that I have just put on my etsy site check it out and let me know what you think it isn't really for valentines but it fits in with the theme right. Can't wait for the Spring to come I was taking a walk round the garden the other day and it's so good to see all the bulbs starting to appear another few weeks and the daffodils will be out and the crocus too. My garden is my other passion . I'm not very knowledgeable about it but I am a willing learner. I have just ordered strawberries to grow this year something I have always wanted to do so fingers crossed I will let you know how I get on with that one. I am also contemplating having a go at growing my own potatoes in a bag. I have grown potatoes years ago in the ground and that was pretty successful but I have put gravel over my garden since then I will also let you know how that goes. Wish me luck. Any gardeners out there I would appreciate any tips you could give me. Thanks in advance.
Picture One- Hopefully what my strawberries will look like when they have grown,haha!
Picture Two- My sweetheart Blanket

8 comments:

  1. When I had a garden we got a soil tester kit and it told us what to add to make the soil more fertile for our plants. Good luck with your strawberries!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great post..welcome to The Wonderful Land of Blog..Your shop is very very nice...You do lovely work..

    ReplyDelete
  3. its a bit cold where i am for strawberries at the mo... im looking forward to when i can start planting some! lovely blanket too! good luck with your shop!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I hope to be able to start a veggie garden this year-when it finally gets warm enough :)
    Thanks for stopping by~

    ReplyDelete
  5. My boyfriend is trying to start a garden! I use to farm with my dad when I was younger it was a lot of fun!

    Your blog is gorgeous btw :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I wish I enjoyed gardening but I just don't! Good luck with your strawberries.
    Thanks for stopping by my blog!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I hope your garden comes out well! And I love the subtle hearts in the blanket - very classic and never out of style.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Those berries look so yummy! I cant wait for spring!

    ReplyDelete